Post Dental Surgery Tips
If you’ve recently had dental surgery, you could be looking at some recovery time at home. Here are some dos and don’ts to help get you get through your recuperation post-surgery as smoothly as possible.
- Ice your mouth and face. This will decrease swelling and bruising, and greatly minimize your discomfort.
- Eat soft foods like mashed potatoes, yogurt, and smoothies. The softer the food, the less likely it will aggravate your mouth.
- Take your medication as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the full course of medication that a doctor prescribes—if you stop taking the medication too soon, your recovery will take longer.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication like Advil and Tylenol to decrease your discomfort.
- Rest. If you’re at all able to take a few days off work, do. The more you rest your body, the faster you will heal.
- Rinse with saltwater to clean and soothe your mouth. Stir one teaspoon saltwater into a cup of warm water. You can rinse your mouth like this up to four times a day.
- Once you can eat normal food again, keep a healthy diet to help with your recovery and stave off infection.
- Don’t exhaust yourself by trying to do too much during recovery. Your health is the most important thing.
- Don’t eat or drink anything that’s too hot to avoid irritating your mouth. Keep to soft, room temperature or cold food and drink.
- Don’t eat crunchy or sticky foods that could get stuck in your surgery site.
- Don’t brush or floss your teeth until your dentist tells you you can. (This is the only time you’ll have a good excuse not to floss, probably ever!)
- Don’t smoke, as smoking can dislodge blood clots and hurt the healing process. If you do smoke regularly, this can be the excuse you need to quit.
If the pain is not going away, or you experience a fever or excessive bleeding, you should call your dentist immediately. Have any questions about recovering after oral surgery? Contact the Green Tree Dental team today!
Please login to publish a comment.
I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my husband. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and she told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my husband know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: email@example.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Zuma zuk firstname.lastname@example.org
I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help email@example.com whatsapp +2348136482342 https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple